Certification for Resumption of Elective and Non-Urgent Medical Procedures
Effective May 7, 2020, at 7:00 am, all licensed healthcare providers including dentists, dental hygienists, and auxiliary personnel have been permitted to resume elective and non-urgent medical procedures if certain conditions are met.
While we are pleased to resume serving our community, the safety of our staff, as well as our patients, will remain our top priority. The following measures are in place moving forward:
- Licensed healthcare providers within our facility shall exercise their independent professional judgment in determining what procedures are appropriate to perform, which appointments should occur, and which patients to see in light of widespread COVID-19 community transmission.
- As a dental practice, we have an adequate supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff, patients as needed, for the foreseeable future. This includes N95 masks, KN95 masks, surgical masks, gowns, and gloves. We anticipate that we will continue to be able to procure all necessary PPE for our services via standard supply chains, without having to burden the State or local health or emergency management agency for these materials.
- Social distancing requirements will be strictly enforced and maintained in all settings where patients must wait in order to minimize direct contact between individuals within our healthcare setting. Patients are encouraged to register and complete paperwork via our website. Patients that check-in for their appointment will be directed by our staff to wait in their car until they are ready to be seated.
- All staff, healthcare providers, and patients will be screened for COVID-19 upon arrival at our facility. Patients will also be pre-screened when they are called to remind them of their upcoming appointment. Staff will be required to stay home if they are showing COVID-19 symptoms. Patients will be rescheduled if they are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- We have already implemented enhanced workplace infection control measures in accordance with the most current CDC guidelines.
- In addition to being current on CDC guidelines, we have also installed purifiers, and clean all surfaces in our waiting area at least every hour.
As we resume operations during these unprecedented times, staff and patient safety remain our top priority, and we will only continue operations so long as we can ensure their safety.
Sanju Jose, DDS, MDS
Columbia Center for Implants & Periodontics
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: